The beloved music legend and iconic celebrity, Prince, died last week at age 57 in his Paisley Park estate, and authorities are yet to release the actual cause of his death. According to CNN, Prince was found unresponsive in the elevator of his complex; paramedics performed CPR and tried to revive him but he had already passed. He had no obvious signs of trauma and was reportedly alone at his home, which isn’t odd since he was a very private person.
However, upon investigating the estate, authorities have found prescription opioid medications that are used for pain treatment on Prince at the time of death. The meds were brought in to be investigated by the US Drug Enforcement Administration. According to sources, Prince has a health scare only a week before he passed away, when the plane he was boarding was forced to land in Illinois as he was found unresponsive. As a reaction to this incident, Prince must have been prescribed the pain treatment. He was rushed to the hospital in Moline, then later returned to his estate feeling fine.
And while authorities suspect that Prince might have died of an overdose of pain killers, his autopsy and toxicology reports are yet to be released. His autopsy was performed by Dr. A. Quinn Strobl at the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Ramsey, who refuses to release any official cause of death until the office has gathered all the needed evidence on the case.