Home Business

0

In their transparency report on Tuesday, Google admitted to having a security breach and warned their users against the threat of using Google.com.

Talk about cultivating trust!

The company went public about this threat, warning people that browsing their search engine may compromise them to malware or to thieves who may steal their passwords and credit card information. Google described the threat as “partially dangerous” right now, admitting that users may stumble upon deceptive content, and pages that may falsely ask for private user information. Users might also get tricked by attackers into download malware that would threaten their devices.

Google and UC Berkley have announced that “miscreants routinely hijack thousands of vulnerable web servers weekly” and that about 40% of web masters fail to react effectively to said threats. In the transparency report, Google announced that their competitors Yahoo, Twitter, and Facebook are actually “not dangerous”, but safe to use.

How gallant of Google!

Troy Hunt, a security researcher, said that this was anything but surprising. After all, Google supports platforms such as Blogger where users can pretty much add whatever they choose; a post on blogger could be edited to seed link to malicious content. Google makes it quite easy for anyone with the knowledge to exploit the platform and share malware with unsuspecting users. Moreover, experts admit that hacking will continue forever. No platform will ever be 100% secure as there will always be those who seek ways to breech and go around security systems.

Furthermore, Joel Espelian, a tech analyst of The Diffusion Group, admitted that Google’s announcement was quite brave and would probably increase the public and other company’s trust of them. They were honest about their security threats, and Espelian compared them to a celebrity who admits to drug abuse then checks himself into rehab – he is to be applauded for his courage and openness. Also, he says that this would lead people to think “it’s no big deal”, as Google itself announced the breach, as opposed to the news being leaked.

Way to go, Google! We admire the courage! Now, fix this before we’re all ruined…

0

This certainly does not look entirely man made and is by far the most mysterious structure in Egypt. Human or Alien? UFP hunters are on the hunt!

A mysterious and bizarre structure was spotted the Egyptian desert and visible through Google Earth,  is sparking a wave of speculation among UFO hunters. The strange complex features two long pointed buildings surrounded by mysterious circles.

via GIPHY

UfO hunters believe it could be an indication of Alien life, because of its very futuristic design. The Youtube video posted by Secureteam10 , a source of ‘UFO sighting videos’ as well as ‘government cover-up and the alien activity happening on and off our planet’, has sparked many speculations which clearly shows in the comment section.

A lot of users also suggested there were any number of explanations for the buildings. In one post, Adam Looze dismissed any alien links pointing out: ‘Its right next to the highway. How secret can it be?’
Other YouTube users suggested it was a ‘nuclear bunker’ a ‘sand farm’ and ‘underground base’ or a ‘missile launch site’.

(Source: Daily Mail)

We’ve all been in the loop when it comes to the epic battle between Apple and the FBI. The FBI had previously requested Apple’s help in cracking their system and hacking a phone for a murder case. However, Apple refused to do so, as this would set a very dangerous precedent that would compromise millions of other phones. Not to mention that creating a backdoor to their own openly praised, impossible to breach security would greatly undermine their products.

However, the FBI recently succeeded at hacking the iPhone in the San Bernardino killers’ case and extracting the needed data, with the help of an unidentified third party.

And that has got Apple’s attention. Apple’s lawyer, Marc Zwillinger, sent a letter to the US district court judge and practically invited the FBI to do it again. This time, they wanted them to hack the New York case phone and tell them how they did it. On the other side, if the FBI said they couldn’t do it again, they also had to explain why not. Furthermore, this puts Apple in a position of power because if the FBI can do this without them, then the case is closed, and Apple’s help is no longer needed!

48646696.cached

This is also a clever ploy by Apple, as this would allow them to know how the FBI managed to hack the phone. According to legal experts, Apple could get the judge to force the FBI to tell them if they wanted. Moreover, the phone the FBI cracked used iOS 7, an older version of iPhone’s operation system and an easier system to crack. However, Apple’s invitation for the FBI to crack the NY phone would give them insight on whether their newer iOS 9, which is supposedly highly secure and unhackable, can be hacked by the same method.

The Justice Department have yet to decide whether they would give Apple the information they want or not; FBI also hasn’t said if this method works or doesn’t on other devices. But Apple are worried what would happen if this hacking technique spread; that would threaten millions of phones. Also, Apple thinks the FBI’s method may have exploited the software, which is much more dangerous that hacking hardware.

Nothing is sure yet, but Apple is maintaining a strong front against the FBI, since it seems they won’t be backing out without getting what they want.

0

Anonymous has declared “total war” on Trump.

They have already leaked Trump’s private cell phone number, SSN and the address to his Palm Beach residence in Florida. This is the newest phase of their war on him; they say they’re only getting started, and promise it will get much worse. The hacktivists’ “doxxing” has also reached Trump’s personal agent and legal representatives, making their numbers also public.

However, some have pointed out that this “private” info about Trump was already public knowledge. On August 15, Trump gave his number publicly in a tweet:

This anti-Trump was is being dubbed #OpWhiteRose named after a non-violent activist group from Nazi Germany. The operation was announced on March 16, and aims “to unite to fight fascism”. The hacktivists declared that “the White Rose Society has risen again in the United States. They are at Anti-Trump protests, and rallies in support of their Muslim and Latino neighbors.”

As part of this “total war” movement, Anonymous have sent out an invitation to their fellow hacktivists to attack all Trump’s websites on April Fool’s day; their main aim is to dismantle Trump’s presidential campaign. Giving out private data isn’t the only thing they did, as Anonymous launched a petition earlier to ban Trump from the UK and this petition has so far received half a million signatures!

0

Once upon a time, quite a long time ago, St. Patrick’s Day was all about Irish people celebrating the day at church and with family. And while that probably still applies, nowadays, everyone and anyone is Irish on March 17, and all we could get ourselves to do is drink, eat, then drink some more! And the absolute best thing? All green everything!

Here are 10 deliciously sweet and savory green foods that you’ll probably start making the moment you finish this article!

1. Green Eggs & Potato Skillet

Green Eggs & Potato Skillet

2. Avocado Hummus

Avocado Hummus

3. Green Velvet Cheesecake Cake

Green Velvet Cheesecake Cake

4. Irish Cream Cream Puffs

Irish Cream Cream Puffs

5. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

6. No-Bake Key Lime Pie

No-Bake Key Lime Pie

7. Pistachio Pudding Linzer Cookies

Pistachio Pudding Linzer Cookies

8. Shamrock Shake Cake

Shamrock Shake Cake

9. Shamrock Shake Cupcakes

Shamrock Shake Cupcakes

10. Sneaky Shamrock Spinach Crackers & Green Dip

Sneaky Shamrock Spinach Crackers & Green Dip

What do you think? Have you tried any? Or do you plan on trying some? Share with us what you think!

0

According to the KRON , AAA will be offering a free tow home for those celebrating this St. Patrick’s Day .

Under the Tipsy Tow program, people can get a free tow of up to 10 miles, starting at 6 p.m. Thursday evening until 6 a.m. Friday. Last year on St. Patrick’s Day, the California Highway Patrol arrested more than 120 people for impaired driving in California.

Drivers, passengers, party hosts, bartenders and restaurant managers, among others, can call (800) 222-4357 to arrange for the one-way tow. No reservations are taken, according to AAA officials.

Call and say, “I need a Tipsy Tow,” and a tow truck will be on its way. The truck will give a ride to the driver and any passengers who can safely fit into the truck, AAA officials said.